 Local / United Kingdom / 7528
Re: Bricks & Pieces Newsletter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 10:17:42 GMT

Thanks for the info Phil.

I don't know whether or not to sell it on yet. Although I'm fond of my 70's
Lego, I'm not exactly a collector, so it would probably be far more
appreciated by someone else.

Thanks again, and have a merry one :)

Steve.

"Phil Traviss" <phil.traviss@xpertsystems.com> wrote in message
Yes Steve, there are 4 of these as Jono rightly said. They are not very • easy
to find in my experience. Although I have all of the 'proper' Bricks 'n
Pieces mags, I only have 3 of these 4 'unofficial' ones. And 2 of those • are
repro, not originals. I forget which number I don't have, but if anyone
reading has any, I'll know by looking if I recognise it or not, and would
appreciate a photocopy of it!

David Lyall retired as LEGO UK's official designer in 1983. It would be
quite interesting to know if he is still with us (I hope so). I expect • Jono
would agree.

Regards,

Phil in Yorkshire.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon D. Hayward writes:
FWIW: These newsletters were the forerunners to the LEGO Club Bricks and
Pieces magazines that launched in 1979. There were only four issues • produced
running to 1977 (IIRC. Phil?) and they were sent out free of charge - not
sure how you got on the mailing list though!

Just Jono .oO

BTW: David Lyall was my hero ;-) I even got his autograph at the LEGO • Show
in Brighton in, er... 19-umpty-thing - he had made the George and the • Dragon
display shown in an early Club magazine... I think that he was a little
surprised to be asked ;-)

"Steve Bonham" <stevebonham@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
Thanks for forwarding Phil.

Here are 2 pics if it helps people in my quest to find out more....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevebonham/bnp1.jpg
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevebonham/bnp2.jpg.

Steve.

"Michael Edwards" <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
Forward to UK newsgroup...

Your Man is Phil Traviss and I have a few as well :)

--
Mike Edwards
Lugnet Member #151

"Steve Bonham" <stevebonham@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
Hi all.

I just uncovered a near mint issue of a newsletter called Bricks • and
Pieces.
This is issue #2 (Spring '75).