 Local / United Kingdom / 7522
Re: Bricks & Pieces Newsletter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 23:04:44 GMT

Yes Steve, there are 4 of these as Jono rightly said. They are not very easy
to find in my experience. Although I have all of the 'proper' Bricks 'n
Pieces mags, I only have 3 of these 4 'unofficial' ones. And 2 of those are
repro, not originals. I forget which number I don't have, but if anyone
reading has any, I'll know by looking if I recognise it or not, and would
appreciate a photocopy of it!

David Lyall retired as LEGO UK's official designer in 1983. It would be
quite interesting to know if he is still with us (I hope so). I expect Jono
would agree.

Regards,

Phil in Yorkshire.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon D. Hayward writes:
FWIW: These newsletters were the forerunners to the LEGO Club Bricks and
Pieces magazines that launched in 1979. There were only four issues produced
running to 1977 (IIRC. Phil?) and they were sent out free of charge - not
sure how you got on the mailing list though!

Just Jono .oO

BTW: David Lyall was my hero ;-) I even got his autograph at the LEGO Show
in Brighton in, er... 19-umpty-thing - he had made the George and the Dragon
display shown in an early Club magazine... I think that he was a little
surprised to be asked ;-)

"Steve Bonham" <stevebonham@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
Thanks for forwarding Phil.

Here are 2 pics if it helps people in my quest to find out more....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevebonham/bnp1.jpg
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevebonham/bnp2.jpg.

Steve.

"Michael Edwards" <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
Forward to UK newsgroup...

Your Man is Phil Traviss and I have a few as well :)

--
Mike Edwards
Lugnet Member #151

"Steve Bonham" <stevebonham@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
Hi all.

I just uncovered a near mint issue of a newsletter called Bricks and • Pieces.
This is issue #2 (Spring '75).