 Local / United Kingdom / 7423
7422  |  7424
Subject:
uklug.org.uk domain will die on 1st December 2001 - please read Extremely important
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:45:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I just got this in the post on Saturday:
==
Dear Sir/Madam, It has recently come to our attention that you have not
accessed or otherwise used your freenetname account in the last 3 months. As
you will be aware, under our terms and conditions we may cancel your account
if you fail to use the service for more than 90 days. 1 am therefore writing
to inform you that we will be terminating your account on the 1st Dec 2001.

Termination of your account will mean that you will not be able to access or
use any of freenetname's services, including your e-mail account and web
space. When your domain name becomes due for renewal with the domain name
registrar, Nominet UK, we will not pay the renewal fee. You will also lose
access to your domain name as we will remove it from our servers.

However, as we recognise the demand for and future value of domain names we
would like to offer you the opportunity to keep the domain name you have
registered with freenetname.

We can offer you three ways of keeping your personalised domain name.

Offer 1    A one-off chance to transfer your domain to an alternative
lnternet Service Provider for a reduced administration fee of £30* (usually
£94*)

Offer 2    For an annual fee of £20* we will host your domain and ensure
that it continues to be registered to you. For this annual charge of £20*,
we will continue to host your domain on our servers. When your domain name
is due for renewal with Nominet we will pay the renewal fee to ensure it
remains yours. You will not be able to access or use freenetname's services
(including e-mail and webspace), but you will be able to transfer the domain
to another lnternet Service Provider when you choose (for a fee of £40*).

Offer 3    For a one off administration fee of £94* we will reactivate your
domain name and freenetname account. These offers are only valid until 30"'
November 2001, after this date your account will be permanently cancelled.
If you wish to take advantage of one of these amazing offers please call our
friendly customer services team on 0870 9090584 (Weekdays gam - 6pm)

Yours sincerely
Lyle van Huizen Customer Services Manager

* All prices quoted include VAT at 17.5% Please note: The above offers are
available on condition that you have not broken any freenetname Terms and
Conditions. Registered address: 3 College Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire 516
68D. Registered in England No 03819738. 356 Freenetname ltd 113-123 Upper
Richmond Road London SW1 5 2TL Tel: 0870 909 0584 Fax: 0870 727 0718
www.freenetname.co.uk
==

I'm willing to go for Offer 1 but I need somewhere to host the domain name.

Carbon 60