 Local / United Kingdom / 7398
Re: 4708
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:16:03 GMT

"Chris Dee" <chris_w_dee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GMwC1D.FDL@lugnet.com...

And Hornby are turning in increased profits, with high sales volumes of
their Hogwart's Express ...
http://news.ft.com/ft/gx.cgi/ftc?pagename=View&c=Article&cid=FT323MYQ3UC

Yes, it was the news items on TV about Hornby that made me post the original comment.
There was an extended item on Sky
The Hogwarts express is a very nice model.
Pity I sold all my Hornby train set a few years back.
Perhaps it is time to get back to real train models instead of this pretend stuff.
Opps sorry, wash my mouth out with soap...

The main problem with 'real' train sets like Hornby is they demand a permanent layout really.
It's a bugger setting them up on the living room carpet
Whereas Lego train can be played with anywhere, including the garden.
The contacts are much more forgiving

lawrence