 Local / United Kingdom / 7326
  Re: 9V Electric Wires / Train Power

(...) Running out of 9v wires is a common problem! The bulk bricks section of Lego Shop At Home still has individual 9cm 9v leads for the rather steep price of £3.99 each (item no. 5041). I'm sure they used to do some 28cm leads as well, but they (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 9V Electric Wires / Train Power

(...) That is somewhat of a pain, for a while now I have been creating leads to "custom" lengths by cutting up the longer one you mention and reattaching connectors from shorter leads to the new segments. This seems to be remarkably easy once you (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 9V Electric Wires / Train Power

(...) What I've done for a couple of point motors is cut a short cable in half, then attached a Maplin 'battery connector' to each end. These are fairly tiny flat rectangular plugs with a pin and a socket side-by-side. They're discrete, and hold (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 9V Electric Wires / Train Power

(...) into (...) Exactly the same here, and indeed they can be a little deformed at the end of the process, although it doesn't matter much. Using something very flat like tweezers or the end of a small penknife may be better than a flat end (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 9V Electric Wires / Train Power

(...) Thanks for the tip - I thought they'd sold out completely. I've just ordered five, along with a motor and some more sand-red bulk bricks. I guess I'll not be buying one of those discount X-Wings after all... Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 9V Electric Wires / Train Power

(...) Off course, the real solution to this problem is for Lego to re-release ZNAP. After a few weeks we could all get motors and cables for pennies each….but not at TRU as they *still* sell it at full RRP! Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)