 Local / United Kingdom / 7197
Re: Any more observations about my Lego User Group Website?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:25:15 GMT

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:GJroAH.3Hw@lugnet.com...

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:GJo3Fq.12E@lugnet.com...
See several of you have visited http://www.lug.sthost.com/index.php and • registered

Not much activity though :-(

I think the lack of traffic is due to the fact people prefer it here. There
*is* a need for a UKLUG website, but I don't think yours, as it is at the
moment, meets that need. It seems, on the surface anyway, merely to
replicate the facilities we have here.

Whilst the more news and discussion oriented stuff might be replicated, there's still lots that is not.
Especially that which is not related to a newsgroup centric facility like lugnet
e.g.
- image gallery - you can upload your own pictures. Useful for those without the desire to maintiain a website, also as
a record of UKLUG activities
- weblinks
- membership lists/profiles

I am looking at putting a proper 'classified' section on line which again can work better than a newsgroup. Allow folks
to put up ads, pictures, etc.

Also with some of the heated debate on lugnet this week, there might be some who decide not to go there in future!

Perhaps the 'UKLUG' can discuss this at our 'meeting' on Saturday.

Good idea

Regards
Lawrence