 Local / United Kingdom / 6841
  Re: More Rip Off Britain from LEGO

(...) That's just not true. All the S@H stuff comes from one central place, so the whole of Europe is just one market. There's no national segmentation. The only difference between countries is shipping costs, and we pay the various shipping rates (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: More Rip Off Britain from LEGO

(...) You appear to be saying they s@h only? Are they? If they are then, other than tax differences they should be the same. But despite that, my 1st sentence still holds true - supply & demand! Scott A (...) In the case of the dinosaurs - I am not (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: More Rip Off Britain from LEGO

(...) This thread was discussing the prices of the new train wagons, which are exclusive to S@H. So, apart from tax and shipping costs, there shouldn't be a difference. But, they probably match the on-line prices to shop prices which are so (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: More Rip Off Britain from LEGO

(...) This is a good point. I expect it is more to do with keeping TRU/Argos happy, that it is with keeping us happy. :( Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:GG91x5.BEx@lugnet.com... (...) I think other shops and sites would boycott Lego if they started to get undercut by the supplier you simply cant afford to do it James (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

(...) Definitely true - Lego can't really sell items for less than the shops would (Although the S@H exclusives are cheaper than they would be sold for in the shops (Guarded inn for £17.99?) I wish they would drop the P&P fee though... Steve (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

"James Stacey" <James@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message news:GG92rH.DC6@lugnet.com... (...) It is a difficult business decision. But in this case 1. the products in question in this case are exclusive to shop at home 2. they could at least offer a (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)

"Steve Burge" <steveb@ubistudios.co.uk> wrote in message news:GG93A4.F3r@lugnet.com... (...) But the items in question in this thread are exclusive to shop at home. Sorry to labour the point But there isnt another retailer for them to worry about (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.uk)