 Local / United Kingdom / 61
Re: Which Shell set this week?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:42:17 GMT

As my Shell card now doesn't work, I will apparently be "compensated"
for the inconvenience. I can't wait to see how many extra points they
give me........

David Till wrote in message ...
Huw Millington writes:
Its #2, the jet-ski round these parts...

--
Huw Millington
http://www.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego - Home of the promotional LEGO set guide

  This weekend just gone I put over 700 miles on my parents car, starting • in
Warwickshire, going down the M40, A46, petrol stop outside oxford. The Lego
sets had arrived, but were still packed in boxes. However after about an • hour
(Yes, really a whole hour) we were able to talk the attendant into opening
them. First box, out comes #1. Next box, premium F1 pit stop. Third box • Model
Team Ferrari, and having only put 30 pounds petrol in the car I didnt ask • them
to open any more. However, after 10 minutes figuring out how to enter the • sets
into the till the attendant asked why I didnt just put 10 pounds of petrol • in
for the 3 sets!
  Next day I drove from Hampshire, across to Kent - in that terrible • weather.
Then from a small place outside Chatham (doesnt someone live there?) to • another
small place outside East Grinstead (hello Huw, did you get rained in - I • had
trouble getting through.) Along that road I must of passed more shell • stations
than all other petrol stations combined! I did stop at one, but they only • had
#3. As I got back to Fleet - Hants It was again time to fill up. 30 quid in
petrol, stock consisted of both premium sets, Ferrari, and #1, #2, #3, no
restrictions on which you can get as long as you spend the 10 pounds per • set.
Out to Guildford on Sunday, and again Monday, 20 quid more petrol on • Tuesday
morning in Fleet before heading back to Warwick. In one weekend I somehow
managed to obtain 3 each of #1, #2, and #3, a ferrari, and the f1 pit stop. • If
only my parents would ask me to taxi them about more often.