 Local / United Kingdom / 601
Re: What's the fair price for Lego in the UK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:25:21 GMT

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:52:15 GMT, Phil B uttered the following profundities...
Hi,

Does anyone know what is / where to find the RRP of Lego in the UK?

Reading threads in this group (submarine thread), and looking on the
web, it appears that prices can vary quite considerably between
retailers. I've only really looked in TRUs in Croydon, which I gather
are very expensive.

I'm interested in technic lego, to supplement my Mindstorms kit.

As an aside, can anyone recommend a good shop in Birmingham (I'm there
at the weekend).

Thanks,
Thanks,
Phil B.

Legoland Windsor says they are the best price. They charge
retail, though if you did find a set cheaper, they would match
it. I find TRU to generally be average, if not a pound cheaper
on some of the bigger sets. Rarely have I found them to be
more expensive. You might want to get a train transformer at
TRU. Some still have them at 9.94, and as they power technic
motors, you might find yourself saving a fortune on batteries!
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/