 Local / United Kingdom / 5959
Re: LUG & LTC dates of formation update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:16:44 GMT

In lugnet.org, Tony Priestman writes:
On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Todd Lehman (<3aa29f04.91709731@lugnet.com>) wrote
at 20:18:59

17. (?) 1999-11-28  UKLUG: _U_nited _K_ingdom _L_EGO _U_sers _G_roup (U.K.)

At this point, I'm inclined to say that there is no such thing as UKLUG,
beyond the web site put together by Simon Denscombe.

There is no evidence of any organisation, no officials, no constitution,
no T-shirts, no nothing.

I had hoped to get some sort of discussion going at yesterday's
gathering, but there were too many other distractions :-)

If anybody else thinks that we really should get something tangible off
the ground, please make yourselves known by responding to this post.

On the other hand, if you think that the way things are at the moment,
with a loose affiliation based around lugnet.loc.uk, is all we need,
please stand up and say that as well.

I'm definitely of the opinion that we need an events manager, though
;-)

I would agree - whatever our individual backgrounds are it is easy to get
into deep water when hosting an event which includes the general public. A
shared fountain of knowledge (fees, insurance, advertising effectiveness
etc.) can only be a good thing, although geographically it will be hard for
one person to cover this role.

For the less formal 'fests', do we really need to make them feel more
structured? In the time available there seems to be so much going on that
it's not so easy to get everyone together to focus on one activity.

I would like to see the 'organisation' encourage more de-lurking, if it were
possible. Larger numbers = More support = Cheaper Tee-shirts!

Jon