 Local / United Kingdom / 5430
Re: LLW/LSB report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 22:02:02 GMT

Huw Millington wrote:

[snip]

The Creation Centre/Racers ride is at last open. It's not too exciting to be
honest. There's an absolutely massive mock-up of a Virgin 747 cockpit on the
ground floor, and a shop dedicated to 'racers' merchanside. On the first
floor there is a small model making shop, in which someone was making a
mosaic of a painting. You can but peer through the glass into this area, so
there isn't much to see.

We tried the Racers ride just before Christmas and I have to say I was
sigularly unimpressed. The cars were unresponsive and are obviously set up for
children with no adjustment for taller people :-( Thankfully we didn't have to
queue otherwise I'd have been very unhappy.

[snip]

We finished there early so, disappointed with the lack of 2001 stuff, I
went
home via Bluewater. But incredibly the shop was not open! They apparently
could not open the roller door. Doh! So, all I could do was peer in at the
2001 sets I wanted...

Thankfully the shop was open today (Saturday) and was very busy. Picked up the
two LoM 'mechs' (7313 & 7314)as that was all I was really interested in.

The Toy Stack had quite a few bargins, most similar to those mentioned
elsewhere (Sith Infiltrator, etc). Pleasent suprise was 6982 reduced from 59.99
to 29.99.

Neil.