 Local / United Kingdom / 5420
Re: Pitsco equivalent in UK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 00:48:05 GMT

The UK distributor for Dacta is Commotion, and they're located in Kent.

Their phone no. is 01732 773399.

Looking through an old catalogue, I can see:

9891 9 Volt Angle Sensor  £21.49
5225 9 Volt Motor with Gear Reduction  £12.99 ( although Huw has
recently pointed out that you can pick up a Znap set with this in for a
fiver)
9945 Differentials  4.49  (you get two diffs & some other gears for use
with them)

The only tracks they do are the 'conveyor belt links', but these are
superior to the more recent rubber ones, anyway.

On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Neil Ford (<3A4CF46D.C158B9EA@binky.demon.co.uk>)
wrote at 20:30:40

Robin Malton wrote:

Sensors, in particular a rotation sensor
More motors
Another differental casing
Another pair of tracks and sprockets

Are these available separately in the UK? If so, where?
I've see the Pitsco site and found everything I want, however they are
closed until the New Year, so I don't know if they'ill ship to the UK. Do
they?

I seem to remember sometime ago someone mentioning that some parts could be
obtained from the shop at Legoland Windsor though I'm not certain if that is
still the case and I'm sure there is a UK supplier to the educational market.
Search back through this newsgroup and you may find previous discussions on
this subject.

Neil.

--
Tony Priestman