 Local / United Kingdom / 538
Re: How do I go about getting old sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:34:47 GMT

Carbon 60 wrote in message <370BDA6B.2F3046A1@bigfoot.com>...
Antony Furneaux wrote:
I don't know much about the auction side of things, particularly here in
the UK. What is the best way to get old sets?

Find an obscure shop somewhere - not many of them here in the UK.

That's the approach I took last year after raiding all the big name toy
shops.  I found one obscure shop in the phone book, took one of the company
cars and found the place.

What did I find?....a few old town sets (Mercury Transport was one) and a
few old train sets.  The shop keeper was startled that anyone was buying
LEGO from his shop so he gave me a 3 and a half quid discount on my 40 quid
purchase.

Luckily I went when I did because another RTL'er raided the place a month
later and took all the remaining LEGO stock.

Book AND toyshops are a good bet like the one above.  There's bound to be a
few in the UK.

Sanjay