 Local / United Kingdom / 5170
5169  |  5171
Subject:
DSDK & AT-ATs (was: Purple speeder?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:09:14 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason J. Railton writes:
On The Big Breakfast (UK morning TV show), they showed a load of Episode 1
Star Wars Lego before it was released.  One of the sets looked a bit like
that large speeder, but I'm sure it was in a purple colour, like some of the
pieces in the US McDonalds promotional sets.  I only remember it because the
colour didn't look like any Lego bricks I'd seen before.

Does anyone else remember this?  Was it a trial product that Lego dropped?
Or was I just seeing something else, like a Gungan Sub under weird studio
lights?  Please tell me I'm not going mad.  Well, maybe I am.  Getting a 14"
tall Lego AT-AT to walk under it's own power can do that...

Jason.

While I'm rambling off the subject, does anyone out there have a Dark Side
Developer's Kit?  Can you measure up the AT-AT for me (height, length,
width,  with a tape measure, not in studs)?

Jason.