 Local / United Kingdom / 5016
    Re: Shop report - Toy Stack, Lakeside, Thurrock, Essex —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) There *was* a brisk market for the wheels from the set, since they were useful in making trailers for the 5571, or for properly "duallie"-izing the 5571 itself (in the US most tractors and trailers (together making an articulated lorry in UK (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Shop report - Toy Stack, Lakeside, Thurrock, Essex —Jennifer Clark
   (...) Thanks for the information Larry, I am still in two minds about this set. I didn't actually like the tires and wheels that much, but wondered if the other parts of the set were worth 40 UKP or not. It did seem debatable - and 80 UKP as the (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Shop report - Toy Stack, Lakeside, Thurrock, Essex —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Well using Ripoff Britain pricing of 1 pound = 1 dollar (that's what a big mac meal is priced at, for example), it's not too far off the mark at 80 sterling, where the US price was 88 usd. What was the UK price for 5571? So it's not TOO bad on (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Shop report - Toy Stack, Lakeside, Thurrock, Essex —Jennifer Clark
   (...) I think that was a pretty good explanation actually, it told me what I needed to know, that there are a reasonable number of pieces in the set, and that it is probably better than it looks. I would agree that it could still be a _little_ bit (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)