 Local / United Kingdom / 488
Re: Shop@home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:48:24 GMT

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 14:45:39 GMT, Antony Furneaux uttered the following
profundities...
I'm just getting back into Lego and have seen lots about Shop@home
which looks like its for the US only. Is there a UK version?

How does one get hold of a up to date catalogue? I'm mostly interested
in Technic/Mindstorm sets. There was a 4WD & 4WS super car a few
years ago (set 8880 I think). Does anyone know where to get one? or
the Space Shuttle (set 8480 I think)?

Thanks for any info you can give me,

Antony.

Welcome!
Shop at Home, regretably, is a US and Canada only thing.
New Lego catalogues are out there, though not yet easy to
find. The 8880 Super Car, sadly, no longer available. No
known sightings in the UK for quite a while.
8480's, on the other hand, are around, though in smaller
numbers. Many of those are on sale, going for between 50-60
pounds! If you live in the south, and know of an Entertainer
anywhere, they still seem to have some. (There's one in Cardiff,
Southampton, Slough, Amersham, Uxbridge, and a few others, too).
There is a  new "super car," 8448.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/