 Local / United Kingdom / 4695
Re: Caterham 7 PHOTOS uploaded!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 21:56:38 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
You mean the side most of the world drives on? :)

Scott A

Ignore that Neil, a superb car - and the story behind the 'more generously
proportioned sections of the intelligence pyramid' using LHD is;

Once upon a time, the correct RHD cars were shipped out to the States. When
the locals started to drive them, it soon became apparent that some skill was
required to steer AND throttle AND brake AND change gear with ONLY ONE PERSON
IN CONTROL! As this was beyond the level of the locals, they added a SECOND
STEERING WHEEL on the left, so that responsibilities could be split....and
less individual skill therefore required.

Of course, the upstanding British, who invented correctness, laughed with no
mercy at the locals until they realised that , for appearance sakes, they
should revert two just one steering wheel. Hey presto! it looked like they had
the skill to STEER AND THROTTLE AND BRAKE with only one person!

Of course, they removed the wrong wheel.....

And....they couldn't quite manage the gear lever/clutch ("stick shift").

(no offense intended, btw, so please don't send the lawyers guys!)

Jon

In lugnet.loc.uk, John Barnes writes:
That's too cool. But I almost didn't recognise it with the steering
wheel on that side ;)

JB

For those that have been following my technic Caterham 7 build project, I • have
now uploaded some photos of the model in its current state.

http://www.callnet0800.co.uk/myhome/nreverett/Lego/legoindex.htm

Thanks,

Neil