 Local / United Kingdom / 4551
Re: New Catalogue - it's out!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 22:59:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon D. Hayward writes:
I am rather reliably formed that a new catalogue will be released
imminently. The twist is that the whole of Europe will have the same
catalogue.. and the same product line! The only exception to the uniform
distribution will be Scala - in the UK, this will only be sold at the to
Lego UK shops (Bluewater and Windsor).

Yep! Got it at LSB today. 80 pages, front cover captioned "LEGO 2000" and
"Toy of the future". IFC "LEGO has been voted 'Toy of the Century'..." and
"...now we're aiming for the next"

Breakdown:

Thanks for it!

p12: That's where the sets start!
p16: Baby Mickey
p18: Duplo Brick Runner
p23: Duplo gets a house again (and dad does the vacuuming!)
p24: Duplo gets two new motorised train engines (US Diesel and Euro express,
but both on the old 4-wheel base)

I have seen these in the Oz version - they do look good!

p26: Action Wheelers
p28: MyBot (Duplo meets Mindstorms? sensors... alarms... sounds...)

This looks good, rather dull in black though. My <2 year old can swith my RIS
& RDS in seconds ("red stop, red stop - done it"), so this should be easy.

p30: Ah! good ole basic sets :-)

I heard this is to be reduced due to LD, as are the tiles, wheels and minifig
packs.

p46: Space Port

Still.

p48: Race, but not including the 3 mini sets?

I saw these is TRU last weekend, they do look good.

p49: Radio Control

Hmm.
p72: Create N Race

How does this look? The one in Argos looks odd, can it have steering and
4wd????

p73: Cybermaster

Last time?

p74: 8457 Power Puller (with a video)

Has anyone bought this? Can it move with all the friction in th engines?

p75: 8444-8448 plus 8279 4WD X-Track
p76: Mindstorms, including 9731 Visual Command System (read 'camera') and

I saw this on www.etoys.co.uk today.

9754 Dark Side Developer Kit (AT-AT)

I may evan buy this at full rrp!

Scott A