 Local / United Kingdom / 4549
Re: New Catalogue - it's out!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 20:05:22 GMT

I am rather reliably formed that a new catalogue will be released
imminently. The twist is that the whole of Europe will have the same
catalogue.. and the same product line! The only exception to the uniform
distribution will be Scala - in the UK, this will only be sold at the to
Lego UK shops (Bluewater and Windsor).

Yep! Got it at LSB today. 80 pages, front cover captioned "LEGO 2000" and
"Toy of the future". IFC "LEGO has been voted 'Toy of the Century'..." and
"...now we're aiming for the next"

Breakdown:
p12: That's where the sets start!
p16: Baby Mickey
p18: Duplo Brick Runner
p23: Duplo gets a house again (and dad does the vacuuming!)
p24: Duplo gets two new motorised train engines (US Diesel and Euro express,
but both on the old 4-wheel base)
p26: Action Wheelers
p28: MyBot (Duplo meets Mindstorms? sensors... alarms... sounds...)
p30: Ah! good ole basic sets :-)
p32: Mickey
p34: Scala, overprinted "NOT IN UK"
p37: Belville - fairy stuff!
p40: City - nuffink new
p44: Arctic, including 6577
p46: Space Port
p47: Trains. Yep! All the Euro stuff is there, including 4565
p48: Race, but not including the 3 mini sets?
p49: Radio Control and Model Team - truck and dragster
p50: Footie - all 4 busses to be available?
p52: Knights' Kingdom, but not 4801 or 4807
p56: Adventurers, again missing the mini sets
p58: Rock Raiders
p59: Star Wars incl. Falcon and UCS
p64: Technic Star Wars droids
p65: Slizers (cut sown to 8500-03 and 8520-23)
p55: 8458 Technic Silver Champion race car (picture same as on box - looks
like it includes a driver, but I don't think that it does)
p68: RoboRiders incl. 8516 The Boss
p70: Technic Speed Slammers

****

p71: ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE WEB (from September)
     5218 Pneumatic Pack
     5219 Wheel Pack (small 'uns up to big alloys)
     5220 Styling Pack (those useless panels that make up body sections on
recent Technic sets)
     5221 Motor Base Pack (that new all-in-one motor thing)
     5222 Chassis Pack

****

p72: Create N Race
p73: Cybermaster
p74: 8457 Power Puller (with a video)
p75: 8444-8448 plus 8279 4WD X-Track
p76: Mindstorms, including 9731 Visual Command System (read 'camera') and
9754 Dark Side Developer Kit (AT-AT)

Centre-page pull-out: free World Club membership with proof of purchase of
£5.99 or more of LEGO!

...and 'yes', I'm about to start scanning and uploading!

Just Busy .oO ;-)