 Local / United Kingdom / 446
Re: Star Wars @ Tesco (Roytson, Herts.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:13:00 GMT

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:13:27 GMT, Huw Millington uttered the following
profundities...
Ben Rogers wrote in message ...
I went to my local Tesco's this evening and found the following two sets

7128 Speeder Bikes @ 6.99 (1 pound cheaper than LEGOLAND Windsor)
7140 X-Wing @ 27.99

Thanks!

http://www.bdr.org/lego/sw/

Neat site. I _finally_ got my SW sets today, so here's some Beatties prices
for your list:

landspeeder 6.49
Speeder bikes 8.99 (steep?) By a pound...
Snowspeeder 15.99
XWing 24.99
Tie 39.99

Total 96.45

I would forward the motion that LL Windsor be a price barometer....
Landspeeder-5.99
Speeder bikes-7.99
Snow Speeder-14.99
X-Wing-24.99
TIE/Y-wing-39.99
Total 93.95
Anything cheaper, well done! Anything more, better luck next time!
Looks like I will buy additional copies of the smaller sets at
Tesco's.

It has been my observation that big sets usually have the same
price, (with the exception of The Entertainer), TRU & LLW being
about the same. The smaller sets, especially the 1.49-5 pound
sets to be cheapest at Tesco's, and usually TRU.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/