 Local / United Kingdom / 4454
4453  |  4455
Subject:
Kingston shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 19:26:21 GMT

Well, as many of you have guessed by now, I'm a bit of a shopaholic.
I'm really getting my own back on 'er indoors for dragging me round the clothes
shops for 13 years.
Anyway, for starters,  Dixons in Kingston is shutting down for a refurb and
the last Droid development was 39.99 (well it was until I sweet talked the lady
shop assistant droid down to 35!) They had several Robotics discovery sets at
£80 (less with haggling)

Bentalls is a good source of lego, literally thousands of Naboo swamps at 3.99,
thousands of droid fighters at 2.49 and tens of anakins pod racers at 4.49.
Small Znap kit also, but forgot the price.

On to Toy Stack and an excellent condition 6278 at £24.99 (will get it tomorrow
if anyone wants it) several 3571 Znap sets with motors at 12.99 and some 8432s
at 19.99.
They also had some luminous spacey sets half price at 16.99, but I forget the
numbers.

John Lewis have the Naboo Fighters back in at £6.75 (9 sets)

Finally has anyone checked their local co-op supermarket (the big ones)?
Lots of selection at full price, but plenty of oldies (they seem to stay on the
shelves for years)  One good value full priced set was the 3552 znap with motor
at 11.99.

Mark

Now I've really got to start building some of these sets.