 Local / United Kingdom / 4440
Re: Hello to UK Lugnetters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:22:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Ben Le Foe writes:
Hello everyone,
following Mark's example from a couple of weeks ago, I thought that it was
really high time that I stopped lurking and stuck my head out to introduce
myself.

Welcome Ben

My main interests are Star Wars and more or less any of the space-themed
ranges (though I have a very soft spot for the really old late '70's
early '80's classic range, some bits of which I still have from my childhood -
bits being the operative word though...).

You will find many space fans. And hopefully at a legofest a source of those
missing parts (if you can get yer hands on em first)

I rediscovered Lego and started collecting again about 9 months ago, spurned
on by delight at having seen the Darth Vader minifig. Having trawled through
the net looking at recent sets I do think that the Star Wars range is some of
the best space stuff that Lego has released over the last few years.

Star Wars is the only lego my 12 year son is interested in. So I think this
strategy has worked for lego.

I found my way onto lugnet thanks to the kind advice of Jason Briscoe, from
whom I got hold of the massive pod race set (which I'm sure I would have
killed for when I was 10!). I hope to come along to the Thames Valley Fest
with him (if there's any room in the car under the Lego).

Hope to see you there.

What does MOC stand for?

My Own Construction - i.e. a model you designed yourself as opposed to built
from set instructions.
I feel this is a compulsary use of lego, but I am surprised that many just
build the sets.

Are any of the Dorling Kindersley Lego books any good? There are a few I found
listed on Amazon.

Not really. But the Ultimate Lego book is informative. You might pick it up
cheap if you look around.

Cheerio,

Ben