 Local / United Kingdom / 3899
3898  |  3900
Subject:
Lego pnuematic parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 10:57:24 GMT

[[ I posted this to rec.toys.lego yesterday - and then found this group!
    Apologies to anyone who gets it twice! ]]

Hi all,

Having had set 8851 (the old, tracked Excavator) as a kid I had dismissed
lego pneumatics as "not very good". However, this weekend I managed to pick
up at a sale an 8042 (Universal Pneumatic Set) and 8299 (search sub). Both
of these have the newer, metal shafted pistons and rely on pressure to
operate both ways as opposed to the older ones that seem to use a vacuum
to suck the piston back (not very well!)

Anyway, these new ones seem much, much better so I now want some more.
How do I go about getting more cylinders? In particular, I want to get
hold of a couple (or more) of the small pumps - can I just ring lego up
and order them? If so what part number do I ask for (or will they know what
I mean on the phone?). I am in the UK so pitsco is not an option. Anyone
(pref UK) want to sell me some?

Failing that, what sets have the small pumps in? I haven't got a great
deal of cash to spend on this (my profits from alladvantage - excellent
as it means I get paid to look at lugnet - if you want to sign up mail me
for a referrer id :-) so 80 quid sets are not an option at the mo.

Cheers,

Darren