 Local / United Kingdom / 3673
    Re: Beatties in trouble? —Colin Bell
   Beatties in Winchester has closed too - I don't remember seeing any 'closing down' notices, they just seem to have packed up and left. I had noticed a general drop in stock levels (of everything, not just Lego) but I had assumed they were making (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Beatties in trouble? —Phil Traviss
     The Middlesbrough branch closed down a week or so back too (in the NE of England). Maybe there is something on the web somewhere that would give a clue what is going on? (I can't call up the www myself right now...) Phil. ----- Original Message (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Beatties in trouble? —Richard Dee
     On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 23:08:41 GMT, Col uttered the following profundities... (...) There was an article in Metro (Paper for commuters) last week. Heavy losses, and as such some closures were to occur. Don't remember if it was shutting down (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Beatties in trouble? —Jason Briscoe
   Yep, the Beatties in Holborn looked closed and pretty empty as does the one in Romford, anyone know about beatties at that well know venue the "Essex girls favourite" i.e. Lakeside? regards, Jason (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)