 Local / United Kingdom / 3474
3473  |  3475
Subject:
LEGO logos (was: My turn to boast about a car boot sale find (?))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:57:59 GMT

Michael Edwards <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message

My turn to boast about a car boot sale find (?)

After the good finds reported here last week, and the lack of respect my
youngest kid gave to the GMT to BST change, I found myself at a car boot
sale yesterday. Straight away I picked up a little boxed Technic set. I
wandered around smirking at the poor souls selling Beanies. Then, just • as
was about to go home with my little Technic set, I spotted the magic • Lego
logo (Michael, this is a red square with yellow text in the middle).

How about "white letters with black outlining on a yellow field in a red
square". Scott - are you hinting that it wasn't a blue one?!? ;-)

I know what the Lego logo looks like, i have 3 different types of Lego
Logos, and it has changed this year, check a 1996 catalog with this years,
the yellow part inside the O is missing on the new catalog, The Logo has
been changed complete. Also scott you forgot to metion the logo did have • the
white parts on the text as well ;-)

The only change this year is that LEGO has dropped the name "System" and the
System logo (1). The last change to the LEGO logo itself was part way
through 1998 for the mid-year releases - that's when the yellow went
a-missing from the middle of the "O" and the other letters got a bit more
scrunched! The pre-1998 logo ran from 1973. Prior to that, there was the
open-O logo which had white letters with black borders on the usual red
square, and "System" in yellow cursive below...

Just Jono .oO

1. just my tuppence - probably wrong!