 Local / United Kingdom / 3429
3428  |  3430
Subject:
Boot sale tale! -FOTY???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:12:37 GMT

For anyone that's interested I had a FOTY today. The whether was fine and boot
sale season has started.

I must admit I was a bit reluctant to get up at 5.45 this morning. But
nonetheless I made the effort, mainly as my daughter woke up around 5.30am.
After having looked round for several hours scanning the stalls, I was feeling
deflated, having found only one MISB UK Macdonalds set.

Anyway as I was walking back to the car, I noted a seller just unloading a crate
and several boxes of Lego, My heart pounded as I cold see the distinct silver
box with the numbering 4558, at first I thought I was asleep and dreaming.

But no I was definitely awake, I tentatively asked "how much is the train?" to
which a mans voce replied, well we have not had time to sort it out, a lot of
the parts are all mixed together" followed by a pause... then he continued " I'd
rather not split it..£15 quid for the lot?" trying not to smile too much I
opened the metroliner box, no instructions, but three grey baseplates, two grey
nose cones, wheel sets, track, one of the two black cab sections, quite a few
doors and windows. I did not have to think twice, but I tried my luck and said
£12, but to no avail.

Ah well £15 was still good, plus the lot included some technic, pirate and
aquazone sets as well. The only thing is I have not investigated it properly as
its been in the boot of the car all day? I have been dying to get it in and
examine it, however as some of you already know, my wife and lego do not mix
well, so I am forced to wait until the cast is clear, then can sneek it in
without her looking.

This is my second incomplete metroliner obtained from the car boot sale, the
last one was early last year when I was not on line, and I naively chucked out
the box, which as it happens was in better shape than this box.

I hope this is a sign of things to come for 2000, a clubcar next perhaps?

Regards,

Jason

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: