 Local / United Kingdom / 3363
3362  |  3364
Subject:
Suggestions - Possible ESSEX Fest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:17:50 GMT

All,

Looking at Huw's thumbnails It sure looked good up there, and I wished I could
have been there!

Anyway, as some of you already know, (especially Huw), my ability to get day
passes rubber stamped by the wife is limited! So therefore my attention is
increasingly being drwan to the possibility of staging a local fest. - That way
I get to go.

No dates as yet, but I am thinking about looking into hiring a number of halls
that I have earmarked in my local area, (Woodfrod Green in ESSEX) Its not far
from M11, A13, A406, M25. The halls I have in mind are also particularly near to
the Central Line tube stations of Buckhurst Hill and Roding Valley. The
disadvantage is its not served that well by BR stations?

Firstly I need to guage interest and possible dates?  - As fests go from
strength to strength attendance is probaby not a big issue, however I am not
sure that I will be able to get a good deal like Simon's hall, and therefore am
thinking maximum attendance may be needed in order to keep costs low. So should
I need to sell advance tickets, would anyone be opposed to som form of deposit
or advance ticket sales?

Also as the possibility also exists that it may still grow bigger, then I may
need some organisation, any volunteers for help?

Suggestion for dates, approx month etc, and comments welcomed.

Regards,

Jason

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: