 Local / United Kingdom / 312
Re: Slizers are out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 20:45:45 GMT

I bought a couple at TRU Edinburgh this afternoon (£4.99).  They had the
full range as far as I could see.  Still no discounts on last years sets
though

They are not too bad once you get the hang of them, great for knocking
minifigs off space scenes etc.  The carry box falls apart at the hinge if
you try to open it wider than 90 degrees!  Work within this limit and treat
it carefully and it will be ok.  My son (7) is taking them to school
tomorrow, so we'll see how resilient they really are in due course.

There were some megablox sets just inside the door reduced to half price
(£9.99 from £19.99).  Looked like extremely good value and I <was> tempted,
but managed to resist :)

Cheers
[SteveScott]

Huw Millington wrote in message ...
A small shop in Leyton, London had 3x 8507 for £5.99, but no others.

I passed. Argos should have some in its new catalogue which is out on • Monday
and Index have probably got their stock in now.

Huw