 Local / United Kingdom / 3008
3007  |  3009
Subject:
Scotfest II - a (very) early announcement for non-UK visitors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:14:20 GMT

In the style of a lesser known series, we've had;

Part IV - Scottish Legofest 1999 hosted by yours truly
Part V - Southern Legofest 1999 hosted by Jon Hayward
Part VI - NorthWest Legofest 1999 hosted by Tony Priestman
Part VII - the Reddifest 2000 shortly to be hosted by Simon Denscombe

Now we will return to roots of Legofestdom itself with;

Legofest part I - Scotfest II - 2000!

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away (Ayrshire) was cradled the
origin of all events lego in the land. Attended by a mere handful of
dedicated beings from the far-flung reaches of the planet, the Scottish
legofest provided the spark which led to the legofest scene as we know
it in the UK today.

OK, OK, that's played the intro up enough...

This is very early notice of this years Scottish Legofest to be held
later in the year, which I will either host or organise, depending on
numbers.

The purpose of this early announcement is to ask if any of our non-UK
friends will be in South-west Scotland anytime later this year and would
like to drop in and meet some of us - I will then try and arrange things
to suit. I think everyone will agree that the theme of having a foreign
visitor has been enjoyed by all involved in the past. Anyone out there
up for it, please lmk?

Ian Bishop, Ayrshire, UK