 Local / United Kingdom / 2897
Re: 8450 - Has it landed? & Quick 9735 Q
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:59:30 GMT

Scott-A <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote in message
Is the 8450 on sale in the UK yet?

See the set (via Huw) at:
http://web.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/reference/sets/technic/images/8450-1.jpg

This looks like an instruction scan (?), which make me think it must be
on sale... just not near me. If it is on sale, what is the rrp?

Its been on sale in Europe since last year. No sign of it round these parts
yet...

Its no big deal to me, but the preferred way of linking to entries at
Brickset is the form:

http://nt1.pncl.co.uk/huw/search.asp?set=xxx

I may rearrange/move the image directories in the future. One day I'll get a
proper URL too...

Interestingly, it and 8246/7 small Technic sets are not marked as new even
though they are new to the UK this year. I believe this is because we have a
generic European catalogue this year, with only very small differences
between countries (certainly the UK, Danish and German are 99% the same bar
the text)

While on the subject of the new catalogue, did anyone notice that the 4
soccer team buses are going to be 'regional'? We get 2 from 4, and in the
German one there's some text to suggest that Germany, Switzerland and
Austria are getting different ones.

Also, what is 9735.... a poor man's minstorms?

A small kid's mindstorms.

Huw