 Local / United Kingdom / 2581
Re: 1x6 bricks with the word "transport" on them? (Re: Parts help please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 08:37:48 GMT

Blue 1x6 with "TRANSPORT" printed in white: #333 Delivery Truck (available
world wide) and #334 Articulated Flatbed (available in Continental Europe
only?). Availability was around 1967-1969 if my UK catalogues are anything
to go by, but they might have been available elsewhere for longer...

#333 had a yellow cab and blue box van. The chassis was the long type
(2x6+4x10) with the box van was sandwiched between a pair of 6x16 plates.
The back of the box used a pair of 1x3x4 simple doors, while each side used
a single 1x5x4 door.

#334 had a blue cab, which in six years of collecting, I still haven't
found(1)! (Blue cabs appeared in a couple of later sets, but as the majority
of trucks were either red or yellow, the blue parts - 4x4 roof, 4x5 base and
painted doors - are quite difficult to obtain here in the UK)... Anyway, the
truck chassis was the short 2x6+4x6 type, while the trailer was made up of a
single row of 1x?s around a 6x24 plate. As well as the two TRANSPORT bricks,
the trailer also used 4 LEGO printed bricks.

Both the above sets used grey plates and white bearing bricks as they were
produced before the wide use of black parts!

FYI: A red 1x4 with "TRANSPORT" printed in white was used in #335
Articulated Truck. There was also a report a while back of a red 1x6
TRANSPORT brick, but I dunno if anyone ever named its set...

Jon.

1. If anyone out there would care to part with blue cab components, PLMK!!!

--

Jon D Hayward
Chatham, Kent

JonDHayward@Cableinet.co.uk
http://come.to/JonDHayward

...on eBay as JonDHayward

Nephilim <jthompson@esker.com> wrote in message
I'd love to know the answer to this question!  Cross-posting back to
lugnet.general, with a more specific title.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Alan Kershaw writes:
This is a re-post, so apologies, but the first one got buried in General • very
quickly.
Can anyone point me to a set number for blue 1x6 bricks with the word
TRANSPORT etched on them in white. They may also be involved with several
2x2x3 transparent blue slopes.

They came in a mixed lot with 918,6929 and 6970 along with an old 4.5v • Train
Set

Cheers

Alan Kershaw

PS The box also had a multitude of mixed yellow slopes if anyone is • interested
at the next fest.