 Local / United Kingdom / 256
  1999 Lego

Went to Edinburgh TRU yesterday to see what was new....big disappointment....absolutely bu**er all. Not even a new catalogue. Has anybody else found any new stock (other than Znap) in the UK yet? PS. Discovered 9V train transformers (3) in the (...) (26 years ago, 20-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 1999 Lego

Steve Scott wrote in message ... (...) TRU are always late with their new stock - I'm sure that the January sets didn't arrive until March last year! I find that independent shops are best, 'cos they order direct from Lego UK. Chains of stores (...) (26 years ago, 20-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 1999 Lego

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 07:58:19 GMT, Steve Scott uttered the following profundities... (...) Beattie's has new stock, I do believe they are up north there! TRU in Hayes has the 9v train transformers for £9.93!! Not a misprint! Under a tenner! (26 years ago, 20-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 1999 Lego

Steve Scott wrote in message ... (...) The Entertainer down in these parts has a not-unimpressive selection of 1999 sets - all the Ninjas, the Space Camp/Port (I prefer 'Camp' myself, but that's just me =) ), the new Adventurers, the manky cack (...) (26 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 1999 Lego

Has anyone seen the 3 'connectable' Technic sets? I have the police car, but have not seen the other two yet. The Argos catalogue is out the first week in Feb (IIRC) so that may have something we have not yet seen in it - SLizers perhaps. Huw (26 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 1999 Lego

All, On the subject of Argos; I find it's sometimes worthwhile checking the clearance stuff when they change catalogs. Anything removed from the catalog is usually marked down a reasonable amount. Last time I got a 8459 (Front end loader) for 25 (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)