 Local / United Kingdom / 2298
  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

(...) In the United States, it seems that most people wait until Christmas morning. I know I always did. It was a matter of forcing yourself to go to sleep at night and trying not to wake up too early, because you knew that your parents wouldn't get (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

We used to have a 4 stage Christmas. Stage one was Christmas Eve at my aunts with my mother's side of the family. After it reached the point that there were more than about 5 or 6 kids in my generation, we stopped giving everyone presents, and all (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

In my "extended family" we opened gifts at different times: On Christmas Eve, the family had a big get-together and exchanged gifts "family-to-family, person-to-person." As much of the family as possible was together for Christmas Eve, this included (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: This dropped out of the papers this weekend...

(...) Your extended family Christmases sound very much like mine, as far as who gives presents to whom, and who gets together, and all. When I was a kid, my dad's side of the family (from my grandparents on down) would get together on the Sunday (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)