 Local / United Kingdom / 2234
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 21:46:14 GMT

Does anyone in the UK have a contact number for Huw? I'm guessing as it's a
sunday evening there is a good chance than he won't see this till monday
morning. Assuming he agrees then that is a bad thing, assuming he disagrees
then it doesn't matter as much..

Richard

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.announce, Huw Millington writes:
[...]
As a truly good intentioned LEGO enthusiast, I am asking you to remove
these illegal scans from internet publication and also ask Todd to delete
your previous post.  [...]

Just a clarification here -- Suzanne was not asking me to delete Huw's post;
she was asking Huw to ask me to delete his post.  Since there is nothing
wrong with Huw's post technically (such as a duplicate message or a binary
or virus, etc.), I can't delete Huw's post without his explicitly asking,
for legal reasons, otherwise it borders on censorship, and LUGNET's policy
is not to censor based on content.  However, if an official from LEGO were
to write and demand that the post be removed on legal grounds (copyright
infringement, publicity rights infringement, etc.), then I could comply.

The best thing (assuming that Huw agrees with Suzanne's opinion) is for Huw
simply to voluntarily cancel his himself, at his own discretion.  Note:
This is NOT a formal administrative request for Huw to cancel his message.

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.admin.general]