 Local / United Kingdom / 2229
2228  |  2230
Subject:
UKLUG comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 01:13:07 GMT

I see a number of problems with the list of shops by areas:

(1) It won't cover all shops in all areas.
(2) The data will go out of date, and will not be used enough to maintain
    accuracy.
(3) Telephone numbers + addresses can be found easily via Yellow
    Pages/Tourist Information.

Do not let me dissuade you with my pessimism!  My reasoning is based
mainly on the fact that one can telephone Tourist Information in the
location you wish to visit, and have them send you a list of Lego shops,
and a nice little map!

If the listing contained more valuable information, it would be more
useful than the other sources, but as the information would go stale
quickly would also be a full time job to maintain.

A listing of shopping websites is a different matter, as people would
exercise the links daily.

I think the recommended shops page is a good idea.  Someone did such a
page:

http://www.personal.u-net.com/~westwood/lego/shop.htm

--
Liam.