 Local / United Kingdom / 1835
Re: brick packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:56:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
I really need some grey and black bricks, especially 1 stub wide beams. These
brick packs are just right, but.....
actually, I can now answer my own question. I phoned up lego and asked. And
the answer is of course, no.

Their only response was to buy the boxes of mixed colour bricks, but they dont
contain grey, or I could try phoning the lego world shop in denmark (+45
79506553) or legoland california!

I know there is some smart marketing answer for this, but I find it vry
frustrating that lego make sets that they then deem not to sell in the UK.

So what source of grey bricks apart from buying sets containing the odd few?

Buying them via Lugnet or RTL.  Get some co-operative fellow on my side of the
pond to buy you several 5145's, and either pay in cash or in various UK only
sets.  Like, for example, the cannons service pack, on any one of a gazillion
promo offers that never seem to hit this side of the ocean.

HTH

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/