 Local / United Kingdom / 1799
    LEGO Adverts on Channel 5 —Nicholas Allan
   Lego are obviously trying really hard to ensure that they get as few sales as possible this year by having all the adverts on Channel 5. At about 17.45 today I saw an advert for Lego Star Wars sets followed by an advert for Channel 5 (at least (...) (25 years ago, 14-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: LEGO Adverts on Channel 5 —John Smith
     (...) I've not seen a Star Wars ad, but yesterday while flicking channels I caught ads on C5 for 8448 (around 2pm, during It's A Knockout - ahem) and Znap (later on, 3pm-ish I guess, during their soap opera omnibus repeat). I'm afraid I can't (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

         Re: LEGO Adverts on Channel 5 —Richard Dewsbery
     (...) In a toyshop round here, one of the sales staff confided that Lego had been selling really well this autumn. Although the sample size was probably too small to make a statistically useful piece of information ... (...) I've seen a couple of (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: LEGO Adverts on Channel 5 —Ian Bishop
    Lego definitely seem to be making a big sales push for Christmas this year. I have seen both the Star Wars and Znap ads on TV recently, and today in Kilmarnock there were two big billboard ads in the shopping arcade for the Ultimate Lego Guide. (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)