 Local / United Kingdom / 1800
Re: LEGO Adverts on Channel 5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:57:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Nicholas Allan writes:
Lego are obviously trying really hard to ensure that they get as few sales
as possible this year by having all the adverts on Channel 5.  At about
17.45 today I saw an advert for Lego Star Wars sets followed by an advert
for Channel 5 (at least that's what I think they were for, C5 reception
isn't too good at my house:) )

Anybody else seen them?

I've not seen a Star Wars ad, but yesterday while flicking channels I caught
ads on C5 for 8448 (around 2pm, during It's A Knockout - ahem) and Znap (later
on, 3pm-ish I guess, during their soap opera omnibus repeat).

I'm afraid I can't remember that many details of them - I saw the former
shortly after getting up (still recovering from Saturday night :-), and given
that the latter was for Znap, I can't say as I cared overly.  The 8448 one
seemed to be based around a wind-tunnel theme, and I'm sure it said something
about building 3 models, which struck me as a bit odd as IIRC there are full
instructions for building 2 car variants, and part instructions for 3 or 4
others.

I'm contemplating setting the VCR to record a block of 3/4 hours of C5 drivel
around the same time next week, in the hope of catching them again.

BTW, going fairly off-topic, is it common knowledge that Brian Cant (one time
Playschool presenter, and I think he does some kids stuff on C5 currently)
is/was "live entertainment co-ordinator" at LLW?  See
http://mudhole.spodnet.uk.com/fist/diary/diary2.html - but caution, there are
some rude-ish bits there too...