 Local / United Kingdom / 1700
Re: Lego Scala set at local Asda
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 23:57:30 GMT

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:xRSjfiACcDI4EwvO@you-rang.demon.co.uk...
On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Ian Bishop (<OxRWABAQFDI4EwKU@goodlife.demon.co.uk>)
wrote at 12:57:52

Just in case anyone is interested, our local Asda has Scala set 3290 at
only 34.99 UKP. Looks like very good value to me - the boxes are huge.
There were about 10 left last night.

On the subject of Scala:

Does anyone know if the baseplates are covered with studs?

There are two sizes available as service packs, and they look quite
substantial, but I wonder about compatibility with System/Technic stuff.
--
Tony Priestman

The baseplates are covered in 'flowers' - the four petals take up the studs
of a 2x2 while the centre bit accepts the tube from said 2x2 or you can
plant a 1x1 cylinder in the middle instead. Quite clever really, but you
can't use any 1x? bricks to build on 'em...

BTW: it's Louise's set, honest ;-)

Jon.