 Local / United Kingdom / 1555
1554  |  1556
Subject:
UK On-line Auctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:35:02 GMT

I notice a lack of use of UK On-line auction services such as ebay.uk or QXL.

Several of you UK based sellers seem to prefer using the US ebay service.
I guess you hope that
a. the US service is actually viewed world wide
b. you might get a higher price in the US

I thought of putting some of my own stuff on the UK services, but if no one
ever goes there looking for lego its a waste of time. There is not a single
lego entry on any of these UK services as far as I can see.

It would be nice if the UK lego community could share its collections with
others in the UK, without all our antiques going off to the US as usual!
But then again, I suppose who ever is willing to pay the price, wins the day.

However, I would like to be able to more easily identify auctions from folks
in the UK.
Call me old fashioned, but I would prefer to deal with someone I can more
easily contact and exchange products and money with.
If you continue using the US services, could you put a UK somewhere in the
title so they are more easily spotted?

regards
lawrence