 Local / United Kingdom / 150
149  |  151
Subject:
Woolies' is having a sale!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 20:33:02 GMT

But sadly, only one Lego set was available.....
8437 at 15 quid. Bloody good value! This was in High Wycombe,
and they had quite a few of them. All other sets were normal
price, and no '99 sets.

Argos did not have any '99 sets available, and what few items
I had checked on their little keypad thingies were not on
sale, or as was more often the case, not in stock.

Beatties', also in High Wycombe, had only the Explorien star-
ships still on sale, a few of the 6899's, and 8217? Big
robot on sale, at 30, 9, and 20 quid, respectively.
They did have some '99 sets!! Needless to say, my promise to
myself to show restraint, and wait for one of the almost
non-existent sales, or for my trip to the States on the 9th,
failed miserably. I bought the *whole* Space Port lineup, 3
of the new Adventurer sets (I actually resisted buying the
blimp set) and the sign set. (They are 2 piece, by the way).
They had only four of the Adventurers, though. The blimp,
5901 (bad guy), 5906 (bird guy), and 5936. There were a
few of the new City Centre sets, only bought the road signs.
No Ninja, RR, or any others. They also had quite a few 8219's,
(I had gotten mine from NZ!), and the new, yellow motorbike.

Out of 15 sets that I had purchased, would you believe not
one 1999 catalogue/insert???? That's right! Not a one! Not
even an A4 sheet! Even the Space Port sets, a completely
new theme, had any! They had Res-Q inserts!!

Anyway, the prices of these sets....(Entertainer is likely to
be 25p to 2 or 3 quid more per set, TRU the same amount less)
5901     1.75
5906     2.99
5936    10.99
blimp   15.99

6427     5.99

6452     2.99
6453     3.99
6454    12.50
6455    21.99
6456    49.99
6457     1.75
6458     3.99
6459    11.99
6463     3.99

Hopefully everyone else will have better luck than I did with
sales!

If anyone sees 4559 on sale, please let me know!
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/