 Local / United Kingdom / 1484
1483  |  1485
Subject:
York Lego report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:24:29 GMT

York is a very fine historical city, but totally devoid of good Lego.
Only one toyshop in the City Centre (Toymaster) which had only current
top-dollar offerings. TRU at the ubiquitous retail park was much the
same. The only sets worthy of even the slightest mention were 6047 (1
left) and 5561 (65 quid - who are they kidding?).

If you ever get the chance to visit York, then do. The city walls, town
gates and towers etc are all remarkably well preserved and were no doubt
used as a reference for all the Lego castle sets of that ilk. When I get
my snaps back I'll post some on my site to let you see what I mean.

Ian Bishop, Ayrshire, UK