 Local / United Kingdom / 1378
1377  |  1379
Subject:
Technic Supercar article in this week's Autocar magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:03:34 GMT

As nobody else seems to have spotted this yet, I guess that I'd better delurk
and bring it to everyone's attention....

The current issue of Autocar magazine (dated 6 October 1999, Rover 25 cover)
has a four page article on Technic supercars - primarily 8448, but there are
also pictures of the earlier models.

Probably of prime interest though are pictures of rejected design models for
8448, most of which have some very odd-looking temporary body panels, and IMHO
look poorer than what we finally ended up with.  There are also pictures of
earlier versions of 8448 in blue and yellow bricks.  Apparently Lego got
students at Coventry University to do these designs.

Before anyone asks, I don't have the facilities to scan these pictures/article
in and put them on the web (not to mention the copyright infringement issues
:-).  I'd also better point out that I have no connection with Autocar magazine
whatsoever - I had to fork out 2 quid at the newsagent for it same as everyone
else!

Regards,

John