 Local / United Kingdom / 1338
  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Yes; see my other message. But the term "space" is such a catchphrase for lego folks... (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Yeah, and space (lowercase 's') can include Star Wars, but sci-fi can't, according to those in the know about the difference between sci-fi and fantasy... B-) <duck> --Todd (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Actually, Star Wars belongs square in the middle of that thing known as Sci-Fi ("skiffy" I've heard it pronounced). It's "hard science fiction" that SW doesn't fit into. Although the SW technology is a bit closer to HSF than Star Trek's. Not (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Actually, remembering from my days of higher activity in F&SF fandom, Star Wars would fit in Sci-Fi, however, Isaac Asimov would be considered an SF author, not a Sci-Fi author... These days I see the same sort of disdained distinction in (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) What if it was a new world? You don't know what type of rock it is. They might have used some new sonar imaging system to determine the caves structural points. I really like the rock raiders theme. Ok everyone thank you for your boos. I think (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) My point is more about what the article says and doesn't say about the sensitivity of real caves in the real world. The mania magazine pictures are of real caves. Mining a real cave would be akin to mining Yosemite. Followups to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)