 Local / United Kingdom / 1188
Re: Starwars reduced to clear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 02:50:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Dee writes:
Well I certainly didn't think I'd be seeing this so early...

Starwars Episode 1 sets reduced to clear at ASDA!!!!

I've just picked up a Naboo Fighter for £9.49 and
a Naboo Swamp for £5.49. The Mos Espa Podrace
is now £46.99.

Not bad, eh!

Sadly, not my local one.
still at 58.99 (assuming that to be the original price!)

Hmmm - interesting. I'd assumed if one ASDA was doing it
they all would be. My local one that had the reductiong in
is the Lancaster/Morecambe store. (Well - Morecambe -
says it all really <grin>)

Well if anyone does want any of the sets slightly cheaper than
you can get it locally, let me know and I'll see what I can bring down
to LegoFest.
There's no more Podraces left, but they also have Droid fighters
at about £3.50, and they had some Anakin's podracers, for
somewhere in the £6-£7 range (can't remember precisely, but
I'll check). They've all got those ASDA Whoops! stickers on,
but the stickers came off my sets OK.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com