 Local / United Kingdom / 1132
Re: UK Jambalaya Box - Reply if you want to join in!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:54:15 GMT

Jason Briscoe wrote in message ...
In lugnet.loc.uk, David Leese writes:
David et al,
Its a mixed box of parts, one persons junk being another ones treasure? . I
have put a few items into a box with a list, basically I send it to person • A,
they look and take anything that they like/maywant, but have to add • something
in return (it takes some honesty and reasonableness on everyone involved) • then
the box is passed to person B and son until the final person sends it back • to
me. the only cost involved is the postage to the next person, but provided • the
box is kept small this should'nt be too much. I get the impression that • these
work very well in the US. Lets see if we can get one running here?

I know I have plenty that I class as junk that others may want; blue train
tracks.... samsonite era flat trees.... homemaker cabinets.... possibly a
fabuland piece or two.
I have been toying with the idea of starting a UK Jambalaya box myself, but
was waiting until I have a permanant address - have just finished at uni and
am currently sitting in rented while my parents are house hunting ;(
My biggest concern about these boxes would be the postage cost, and I have
done a little investigative work on this. Consider the recent Lego choc chip
cookie promotion at Tescos. This 3litre? tin filled with 1x4 technic beams
weighs in at over 1kg, so would cost £2.75 or £3.45  first class. Would you
be willing to spend this to pass on the box even if you had found nothing
useful within it yourself? Hey, but if the box originated elsewhere, i.e.
not from my collection then I guess i'm in.

(Duckie) Dave Till