 Local / United Kingdom / 1096
Re: What loc group does Brighton fall in?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:21:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Paul Mison writes:
Linc Smith wrote:
Hi, quick question on which Lugnet loc group contains Brighton.  I am
moving there in Dec. 99 from Canada to attend the University of Sussex.
I would like to start reading the loc groups for the area(s)... start
making some Lego-contacts :)

Hi. The UK lugnet types mainly hang out in .loc.uk, which is where I've
crossposted this (and set followups). Technically there (is|was- Todd?
Richard?) a Sussex group, which is the county Brighton's in, and
possibly a Brighton one too, but they're not often used, so .loc.uk's
the place to be.

There wasn't ever a Sussex group, but up until a couple weeks ago there were
groups for Brighton, East Sussex and for Chichester, West Sussex.

More details about the history of the UK newsgroup hierarchy:
   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?n=836
   http://www.lugnet.com/announce/?n=269
   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=2330

--Todd