 Local / Sverige / 2927
Re: Pinball Machine - Poorman's Version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2006 22:39:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.se, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Tore Eriksson wrote:

Snipped

Wow, this looks like a fun project, I look forward to the progress and might even take a stab at this myself. A have a bit of a passion for old pinball machines... although I did sell my Apollo PB from 1967 to make room for Lego. Would be ironic to build one in the brick. I would like to suggest you might want to try the new ball in the recent Harry Potter sets. (4767 - Harry and the Hungarian Horntail)

Its a bit smaller than the sports balls but it has a bit more weight to it due to the magnet in it.

Janey “Red Brick”

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t want to go buy the HP set just for the ball (must be the dragon egg, right?) so I’ll wait ‘til it pops up at Brickshelf. The magnet in the ball *may* be useful for inductive sensors or maybe some magnetic contacts I have somewhere... But probably it won’t work due to it will be too dependant on which direction the ball is aimed. Maybe an electromagnetic ball lock is more realistic?

As I never got on that Technic train, it seems I have a lot to learn. Right now, I’m experimenting on a motorized side lane kickback. I will also have a look at how LED’s do behind clear panels and other stuff.

/Tore