 Local / Sverige / 266
Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 10:24:02 GMT

Now, I know it's kinda bad style to follow up on your own articles,
but, well, the plot thickens.

"JK" == Johannes Keukelaar <johannes@nada.kth.se> writes:

JK> And I called my local Lego office last friday to order some more spare
JK> parts.

<snip>

The parts have not arrived yet, but yesterday I received a letter from
Lego Sweden, stating that one of the part packs that I ordered had
been canceled from my order. The letter claimed that I could reorder
it if I wanted to. (Non-reorderable packs (i.e. discontinued) would be
marked with a star, and this one was not marked with a star.)

My first guess was that well, I must've been ordering from what stock
they had left, and that parts pack was just out of stock. They must've
just made a mistake in that they didn't put that star there.

On the off chance that this wasn't an error, and just to get some more
information, I called them, and got helped by (another) new
employee. (They must have a significant number of new employees
around; why would that be if they're going to discontinue the spare
parts packs?) She claimed she could check in the computer for the
availability of this (and presumably any) pack, and lo and
behold, she claimed it was in stock again.

Needless to say, I re-ordered it. (Insert rant about paying postal
fees twice here.)

However, this would seem to mean that they get in new copies of spare
parts packs. Does that mean that they won't be discontinued?

Regards,

Johannes, who is waiting to see if he really will get a service
catalog along with his (two) orders.
--
"Part of what we are is whom we've loved." - Parke Godwin in Firelord

How do I connect to that real-life thing I keep hearing about?