 Local / Portugal / 82
Re: FOTY! (was: FOTY?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.pt
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:29:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.pt, Pedro Silva writes:

I went back to the store today to see if their margin was this low for
everything, and it seemed to me that it was somehow negotiable for large
purchases. Their offer range isn't very big, but they accept requests (+/- 1
month waiting time).
PLUS, the bonus of going there today was that I got to see the catalog for
*stores*, without the 18% VAT... THOSE WERE *THE* NUMBERS!!!

Can someone tell me if 15 bucks seems reasonable for a island hopper?

They retailed for $19.99 in the U.S., but an inveterate bargain hunter like me
would have held out for at least 50% off had I seen them go on clearance here.
So I'd say it's reasonable if you really like the set or the parts.

BTW Lugnet's set reference lists the set's original retail price.

HTH!

Maggie C.